Sherborne St John Church of England Primary School is situated in a delightful red brick building opposite St Andrew’s Church. It was first opened in 1850 to provide education to the local children of the village. Today it provides high quality education which develops the children intellectually, socially, morally, physically, and spiritually within a Christian Framework. The school continues to excel and achieve consistently good results. The majority of the children live in the village however some pupils are taken from outside the catchment area. The pupil numbers remain fairly constant at just over 100. The school was originally funded by the Local Squire at the Vyne House, William Lyde Wiggett Chute and the school has continued to have close links with the Vyne Estate, including a Guardianship Scheme with the National Trust.
The school's website can be found here